Sunday, March 16, 2008

Around the Bays

Today was the Round the Bays run. It starts on Quay Street in Auckland city centre and snakes around the bay area through to St Heliers Bay where the race finishes. The total distance is 8.4 km.

Lucy dropped me off at the bottom of Parnell rise and I walked to the start line on Quay Street. I then waited around with the rest of the crowd for the race to start. The weather was warm but not hot - perfect conditions for a run, very exciting.

I have included a map of the run below.


I set out quite slowly as there was a lot of people about. I must confess that I found it fairly hard going all the way to Kohimarama (45 minutes) and for the next 8 minutes I almost sprinted, I think it has something to do the endorphins that hit my brain.

My time was 53 minutes and 34 seconds which is great as I was aiming for under 60 minutes. Next year I will take Delphie in the stroller so it will be a bigger challenge!!

No comments: